Thursday, May 18, 2017

Only 12 Years Left...

Yesterday Case graduated kindergarten!!!


I have had the great privilege of being his mom for the past five years and have loved every minute of it. While I watched him cross that stage and stand proudly with his friends I realized one huge thing... I only have 12 years left.

I know it sounds mushy and I will be his mom for the rest of his life. I also have learned as a mom that the time we have to pour into our children passes faster then we think.

I want my boys to know that they can dream big.

I want them to know they will have hard times but you can't give up.

I want them to know they have a family that is for them.

I want them to know we are cheering them on through out this life.

I want them to know that a positive outlook can take you far.

I want them to know its okay to not be like the world around them, they are unique!

I want them to be life long learners.

I want them to value people and not things.

I want them to challenge themselves to go farther, try harder, and never give up!

But most of all I want them to know God.

To know he loves them more then they can ever imagine. To know he has a plan laid out just for them.


So to my silly boys,
I am so proud to be your mom and hope I can teach you all these things and more. Thank you for the bear hugs, silly faces and torn up jeans. I am looking forward to a summer of adventures, lazy pool days and watching you grow. ( Just slow down a little, please!)
Love you for always,
Mom
 
I guess I have more work ahead of me then I thought!!



~ Point your kids in the right direction- when they're old they won't be lost. - Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment